Video marketing is a boon for many businesses. But that doesn’t mean it is limited only to businesses, companies, or professionals. Schools, too, can reap the benefits of video marketing in several ways.
A school video marketing plan is highly viable for attracting and retaining students. However, school marketing continues to be undervalued by schools regardless of its immense potential. It is a common misconception that creating videos is expensive and may slow down school websites.
An online video editor is the finest tool for successful and result-driven video marketing since it allows us to edit videos on the go and post them on the right platforms. With online video editors, we can edit videos quickly using inbuilt templates and eye-catching animations. Additionally, we can upload the videos in seconds without slowing down the school’s website.
Why should schools leverage video marketing?
Video marketing can help schools achieve the following marketing goals:
- Getting leads
- Boosting conversions
- Enhance brand engagement via storytelling
- Engaging social media users
- Raise awareness about new initiatives
Today’s generation prefers watching videos instead of reading text. In today’s tech-savvy era, generally, video is a preferred way to access entertainment, learn and communicate. Therefore, video marketing can be an effective tool for schools to persuade parents to enrol their children.
Good Video Content – What does it constitute?
We don’t have to follow any strict guidelines when creating videos to promote a school. The video content can be relevant to our daily school life. This topic alone can provide a humongous amount of rich video content. For example, the video can focus on:
- Curriculum tutorials
- Concerts and production
- In-house competitions
- Sports day
- School trips
- Charity and fun day events
- Prize distribution ceremonies
Professionally produced and edited videos are more appropriate than just creating our own content. We can use open-source software and video editing tools available online, such as an online video editor, to create and edit videos for school promotion. Such tools allow us to edit and create more professional and impactful videos without much effort.
The professional video for school marketing that we intend to exhibit can include the following content types–
- A commercial showcasing the school
- The head teacher’s welcome video
- A sophisticated yet indulging school tour
- A review of the curriculum provided by the school.
- Student testimonial video
- A staff recruitment video – which can explain the working of the school
Videos on our school’s website should be compelling and engaging. Also, we may include fun elements in such videos to make them more discoverable. The most significant benefit of having interesting video content on a school’s website is the Search Engine Optimisation benefit that we will automatically receive.
In order to keep the school among the top tiers, school owners do everything they can to promote admissions and build the school’s reputation. Implementing an SEO for a school’s marketing strategy is the ideal technique to ensure that the school’s website ranks higher on search engines. The more attractive the video content is, the higher the website’s overall rankings.
How to Make Effective School Videos?
When creating videos for school marketing and development, we must consider the following factors:
- Planning: It involves the following aspects:
- Key messages: What is the overall motive and prospect?
- Style: How do we want to present our video–in a narrated manner or a reportage style?
- Staff and student selection: Choosing the right students and teachers is essential. Involve interviews of passionate candidates who can speak clearly and with confidence.
- Filming: The process consists of two stages:
- Setting: Locations should be neat and tidy and present the best image of the school. Filming in natural light is the best alternative to filming in dim or artificial lighting.
- Briefing: It is imperative to provide individuals opting for interviews with brief information about the key messages we want to highlight in the video.
- Warm-up: It is a common human tendency to become nervous while giving interviews or sitting in front of the camera. We must provide ample time for the candidates to warm up and feel more comfortable. It is advisable to follow a partly scripted approach that can be handled naturally.
- Editing: This stage emphasises video length and graphics.
- Video length: It is advisable not to make lengthy videos. Short yet compelling videos can create more impact among Millennial parents. Studies show that 60% of users stop watching videos after 2 minutes.
- Graphics: We can also consider animated graphics like GIFs and themed videos. Additionally, it is important to include captions with the names and titles of the interviewees.
- Respect privacy: As responsible school authorities, we must respect everyone’s privacy. We must ensure that photographs posted on a website are safe. Simultaneously, we must refrain from using students’ full names in the video clip.
- Finishing touches: Videos are incomplete without music or soundtracks appropriate to the content we are putting forth. Thus, we must ensure relevant permissions for any theme we use in our videos.
- Delivery: The final step is that of delivery. The following are some essential aspects to consider:
- On the school’s website: Displaying the video on the school website’s homepage can be a wise decision. It is also necessary and beneficial for SEO. To ensure smooth content marketing for school , we must embed videos on the website in accordance with the requirements and consider user-friendly alternatives and interfaces.
- On a disk: It is advisable to burn the videos to disks and distribute them among parents to save printing costs.
- On social media: Social media is the best platform to publish, post, or repost any media content. Posting the videos on the school’s social media channels with backlinks to the school website can help raise awareness.
- On YouTube: YouTube is the largest and most popular video hosting platform and the second-largest search engine after Google. Setting up a YouTube promotional channel can go a long way in garnering the attention of students and parents.
Video Marketing: A crucial tool for brand building of an institute
Despite its advantages, school video marketing is an underrated strategy, and schools lack the thoughtfulness to create and promote such marketing. If used strategically, the emerging trend of video marketing can take an educational institution to new heights of success. The content of the videos can cover all the day-to-day activities of the school and other school-related matters. The professionalism of videos does not pose a significant concern. Anyone can create such videos with an online video editor.